Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Joseph Manning. Brother. Son. Gentleman. Scholar. Bank Teller. Student. Future Accountant. Music Lover. Pompous Jerk.

I've never been confident in my writing ability, mostly due to the fact that I can never seem to keep a stream of consciousness, so instead I just string together sentences and hope it comes out sounding like one idea. But I guess that's why I find myself in this class. This counts for one of my required Gen Ed classes, so thats a large chunk of my motivation for joining it. Then, there's the weighing between the importance of writing vs the importance of being able to draw/sculpt/paint. So, I instinctively chose the writing route.

I hope to largely take a comedic approach to this class if I can (not to say that I won't take the assignments seriously). One of the things that I've always aspired to do is stand-up comedy, and the foundation of that is the ability to write well, so hopefully this class will help me build that up.

I guess this will all be very interesting. Interesting to see what my classmates are capable of and what I'm capable of.

No comments:

Post a Comment